MBB welcomes British author Christina Hollis today. She’s here to talk about her latest release HIS MAJESTY’S SECRET PASSION, which sounds like an intriguing read indeed. Christina Hollis is an experienced author who hasn’t been afraid to experiment with the different genres of romance fiction. Her latest release is from The Wild Rose Press.
CHRISTINA HOLLIS ON THE WEB:
- Can you share a short bio? I was born in Somerset, England and met my husband on a blind date. I’ve been writing all my life, and became a full-time author when we moved to the Gloucestershire countryside. I produced lots of non-fiction articles for national magazines before turning to fiction. My first full length novel, Knight’s Pawn, was published by Harlequin Mills and Boon’s Masquerade line. During a career break to raise our family, I wrote short stories. Then in 2007 I wrote my first Mills and Boon Modern Romance, The Italian Billionaire’s Virgin. My current release, His Majesty’s Secret Passion, is published by The Wild Rose Press. I write contemporary romance starring complex men and independent women–when I’m not cooking, gardening or beekeeping. My books have been translated into more than a dozen languages, and I’ve sold nearly three million books worldwide.
- What inspires your writing?The cut and thrust of relationships is a big inspiration for me—the problems of friends becoming lovers, and sparks flying when opposites attract. As well as romantic conflict, I like to capture the countryside in all its moods. I’m lucky to live where there are miles of forest tracks on the doorstep. Walking in the woods is a great way to kick start my imagination.
- What made you press on with this writing project when things were difficult? Because they must have been, sometimes. I love the characters of Leo and Sara, the hero and heroine of His Majesty’s Secret Passion, and wanted to see them get their happy ever after. It’s as simple as that! And you’re right, every author has moments when they despair. It reminds me of the last twenty minutes of childbirth. There always came a point in the labour room when I said, “That’s it. I can’t do this. I want to give up and go home!” In the same way I couldn’t walk away from that situation, I can never leave a book unfinished—no matter what.
- Please sum up your plot in a tweet sized sentence. Here’s the plot of His Majesty’s Secret Passion in a tweet: When a King on vacation tempts a woman with a broken heart, seduction in the sun leads to danger…
- Future plans? My current release, His Majesty’s Secret Passion, is the first book in my Princes Of Kharovaseries for The Wild Rose Press. The second book, Her Royal Risk, comes out in April and I’m putting the finishing touches to the third book, which has the working title of Heart Of A Hostage. Then it’s on to the final book in the series. I have characters and plot ready to go, so all I have to do is dream up a title, and start writing. In the meantime, I love to hear from readers. Catch up with me at http://www.christinahollis.blogspot.com, on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ChristinaBooks), Facebook, http://on.fb.me/1Ee1urM, and see a full list of my published books at http://www.christinahollis.com/books.html.